Church Involvement Be a part of the body of Christ.
Steps from Introduction toMembership
We welcome you and encourage you to become a member. Here are the steps to take to become a member of SCBC:
- Fill out a visitor card. We want to know who you are and meet you. One of the office staff will contact you for a visit from our Welcome Ministry.
- Attend SCBC and get a good feel for what we are all about. Make sure the Word of God is the authority over our ministry.
- Sign up for our five-session Welcome Group. It's offered once every quarter. In this class, you will meet church leaders and other SCBC members, and go through the church's doctrines and distinctives.
- Ask an elder any questions you may have.
- Read our Membership Covenant and fill out and submit the Membership Application and Personal Testimony forms. For help writing your testimony, click here.
Look for dates and times of our next Membership Class in the most recent Equipping & Service Opportunities brochure
To learn more about our practice of fulfilling the Lord’s command to be baptized, please contact a pastor. Part of the simple process of being baptized will include filling out this Baptism Information Sheet. Find help for writing your testimony here.
Also, please listen to Pastor Steve’s message on Believers’ Baptism.
Steve Balvanz // 05/20/2012 // Sunday AM