We strive to be a conduit of God’s grace for the youth of SCBC to save and sanctify teenagers through the means of preaching, discipleship, music, and fun fellowship.
Each 412 Ministry Wednesday consists of three major parts:
- Team competitions
- Crazy games
- Funny trivia
- Large Group Time
- Announcements, videos, & singing
- Teaching from Hebrews by Pastor Curtis or another leader
- Small Group Time
- One of the group members shares the Gospel
- The small group leader leads a discussion about the teaching
We host several special events throughout the school year, providing teens with fun and encouraging opportunities to continue building relationships together. Check out what's coming up below!
Camp Regeneration 2023
WHO: ReGen is open to students who have completed 8th grade all the way up to those who have just graduated high school (super senior).
WHERE: ReGen is in Glorieta, NM, on the property of Glorieta Adventure Camp. 412 Ministry will partner with Prairie Chapel church to drive our youth to NM. We will stay overnight at a church in UT during the drive.
WHEN: ReGen starts July 30 and ends August 3. Our bus leaves SCBC on July 29 and returns Aug 4.
COST: Registration is $525 and transportation is $200, less fundraising discounts (see below). A $150 deposit will be required to register. Talk to Pastor Curtis if you need financial assistance.
Register for Regen HERE.
FUNDRAISING: There are three ways SCBC can help our youth get to ReGen:
- 1. 412 Youth Ministry would like to fundraise by promoting a youth group labor force for-hire (like a temp agency) to SCBC members to do yard projects, odd jobs, and other things. Money earned by each student would go towards their own registration and transportation costs. Please email Katie if you have a job you would like to hire out or call the church office.
2. We also would like to invite anyone to donate items for a 412 garage sale on May 20th at the Bertranda Estates Annual Garage Sale near Lynden. The money collected will go towards bringing down costs for everyone in the whole youth group (transport costs first, then registration cost if transport gets covered 100%). We will begin collecting items at the church the week leading up to the garage sale, beginning Sunday, May 14. For assistance with large items, contact the church office.
3. We invite you to give towards a fund that will help SCBC kids who need financial assistance to pay for ReGen. Mark your donations as “ReGen Scholarship” or choose the "412 Camp Regen 2023" option if you give electronically.
More Coming Up
What is the Gospel?
A Note to Parents
Our 412 Ministry aims to augment, not replace, your primary ministry of discipleship to your teens at home. We want to come alongside and support you in training up young men and women to know and worship Christ through deep study of His Word, as well as fun and encouraging fellowship with other brothers and sisters who can spur them along in the faith. To these ends, we’ll pursue transparency with parents through several means. Prior to each Wednesday event, we’ll email you the lesson content so you’ll know what your teen(s) will be studying and be able to connect that to your own discipleship at home if you so choose. We’ll also post all of our main 412 teaching sessions online after each meeting. We encourage both parents and teens to follow along with our 412 Instagram page, but have also embedded the content below for anyone who doesn’t have a personal IG account. Our 412 ministry team, including small group leaders, will also continually champion the godly authority of parents by referring students back to mom and dad for ongoing leadership, wisdom, and insights. We want you to feel confident in the teaching and investment your kids are receiving at 412 and invite you to connect with Pastor Curtis regularly with any questions or concerns!
Feel free to reach out to our 412 Ministry team at any time by email.